1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Best method to remove old bathtub decals?

Discussion in 'Home Improvement & DIY Forum' started by bristimjet, Sep 22, 2013.

1. bristimjet

bristimjet Junior Member

I have a white porcelain bathtub with a bunch of pink butterfly decals on the sides (rather than the bottom!). I can see where they were probably very cute once upon a time, but now they look pretty grungy (no matter how much I scrub) and really need to go. I don't know whether I should use WD-40, Goof-Off, or something else. I don't want to end up with a dangerously slick tub. Another big concern is that I will be working in a small, enclosed space with no ventilation. What can I safely use that will effectively remove these?
    Serious answers appreciated. Thanks!

2. DustyBottoms

DustyBottoms Member

3. Southern_Yankee

Southern_Yankee Full Access Member

TBR's resident homo-fixer-upper, Fred, suggests a strong, well placed stream of fresh piss to remove those stubborn stickers.

4. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Bolt Up

Have you tried a.........................................

?

5. jaidongarrison

jaidongarrison Junior Member

you want these to remove old bathtub decals
    Rags, white vinegar, a wooden or plastic scraper, mineral oil and liquid dish detergent.
    Soak a face cloth in mineral spirits. It is easiest to soak the same number of cloths as decals to be removed. Leave to soak for some time.Scrape off the decals using a kitchen spatula. The decals should come off easily. Clean the bath area. The bath will look like new again.