1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

B&B's Day at Camp - The Final Episode

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Black&Black, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

Maybe ever lol

- Cam threw today, as you probably already know. He didn't throw the ball particularly well. It was mostly short passes in the redzone. He did connect with Shepard on a TD, but the receiver had to make a nice adjustment to the football. I really like Shepard. He might be this year's Kurt Coleman.

- Byrd made Cash eat a big bucket of shit on an eight route (bad matchup, Wilks). Unless he bombs over the last two weeks, it's going to be difficult to keep him off of the roster. What I really like about Byrd is that he has some quickness, not just the straight line speed. He's caught everything that I've seen thrown at him. If he keeps this up, he might force us to "redshirt" Samuel.

- We appear to be position specific this year when it comes to the backup LBs. Cash, Mayo, and Norris continue to work second team. Hopefully none of them play defense for the Panthers in 2017.

- Manhertz continues to make nice plays in goal line. Caught two more TD passes. Cam really seems to love him, which can only work in his favor when it comes time to make cuts.

- If you're tall and you stand in the front of the crowd, you're a fucking asshole, and this is coming from a tall guy who's a pretty big asshole. Let the fucking kids up front, you losers. God I hate people.

- Teddy Williams is definitely less of a cum-covered turd at cornerback than he is on special teams. I saw him make a nice PBU on a deep ball. His speed definitely shows up when he has to play the deep third. He's been better than Sanchez or "Luke". It's a shame he's such a late term abortion as a gunner, otherwise I wouldn't mind him as the 4th or 5th corner. Did Elder even travel to training camp? I would not be shocked if he flat out got cut.

- Butkiss strikes the ball nicer than Gano. It's definitely more of a consistent strike. Unfortunately, he only seems to make them about 75% of the time. I don't think this is a real competition. Punter might be a different story. Palardy continues to hit some beautiful punts, and they have the nice, quirky, left footed spin. That might be a tough decision.

- Hurney was really involved today. I mean, literally, he was like up there with the coaches behind the huddle. God damn it. Go away, you creep.

- I really think McCaffrey might be the 1A of the backfield. Stewart might end up with more carries, but I'm thinking McCaffrey will play far more snaps. He's VERY involved at receiver. When we flex him out wide, I like that we're not afraid to send him deep instead of just predictably throwing hitches or slants or tunnel screens.

- I've seen every skill position player line up in the slot, except Stewart and the fullbacks.

- Young has nice moves for a FB. He's actually taken snaps at HB. He shook one of our crappy backup linebackers out of his cleats. He'll probably be an upgrade over what Tolbert had left in the tank last year.

- Funchess caught a fade over Bradberry, who has looked very average this camp. Worley continues to shine, but today he was wearing a long sleeved hoodie with one sleeve missing. I don't understand this world anymore.

- I love that Cam interacts with the fans. It would be so easy and understandable for him to just blow that shit off, but he really loves making people feel like they're part of the team. Skip Bayless can suck his fat black cock.

- Cam is Ramsay Bolton and Garrett Gilbert is Theon Greyjoy. It's pretty fun to watch. It reminds me of the Clausen/Cam years.

- Even if/when the NFL outlaws tackling and went to some form of touch football, I think the product would still do fine. There's still strategy involved, there's still the one on one battles. Most importantly, football brings people together. I stood between two black guys and two muslim guys. Nobody was shot, stabbed, or decapitated. We were able to talk to eachother as people with a common interest - to zealously stretch the 50 year old, married blonde women of Atlanta, New Orleans, and Tampa. There's too much good in this game. I know I'm waxing poetic here, but I love football. Let's keep this shit going.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  2. Jaz

Jaz Full Access Member

Interesting you think Bradberry has been average. Many of the beat writers and a few of the panthers players stated the thought he has looked quite good.
    Cornerback and safety depth frightens me more than LB depth but I totally agree, hopefully our 2nd unit LBs only play on special teams.

3. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

I went to four practices, so I'm sure there's a whole lot that I've missed. Ultimately all of this is pretty meaningless.

4. Jaz

Jaz Full Access Member

Everything we see is in isolation. Thanks for your thoughts.

Hoping Darryl Williams isn't awful. Seems reasonable to let Norwell walk after the year and put Moton there. Sounds like he has had a nice camp

5. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

[​IMG]

Smoke Screen and Black&Black like this.