1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

B&B's Day at Camp III: Camp Hard With A Vengeance

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Black&Black, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

This one's for Barry.

- Why do people voluntarily drive to Spartanburg in August, voluntarily go to an outdoor practice, and then whine about the heat? Oh yeah, because people are miserable cunts, that's why. I keep forgetting this.

- Garrett Gilbert is still the same, sorry ass quarterback we witnessed last summer. All three backups split reps evenly, as we seem to be taking Allen a bit more seriously as a developmental guy. He made a couple of really nice throws. If I had to rank order these three turds, I'd go:

1) Heinicke. Nice zip, good mobility, but loves throwing into traffic.

2) Allen. Clearly the most talented of the three, but an extremely underdeveloped one read QB.

3) Gilbert. Slow, noodle-armed, and timid. Everything you want. This is embarrassing. Get DA on a motherfucking plane to Buffalo tomorrow.

- Funchess appears to be "the guy" in this offense. I know it's early, but he's making plays on all three levels. In fact, here he is, doing work:

I'm really liking what I'm seeing from Norv. We've junked all of the rinkydink college shit for an NFL offense. I'm seeing a ton of crossing routes. A lot of drags and deep overs. Very impressive. Cam likely won't run the ball as much, but there's still a ton of RPO's, so the Roaring Riot needs to get over it.

- Carter is still getting run with the first team. He looks like the front runner over Mayo to replace TD weeks 1-4. He's got great footwook. Here are the linebackers being drilled:

- Risers on defense appear to be Parms and Doss, while Southward, Gunter and Elder appear to be drifting back. Corn had a horrendous practice, being beaten deep multiple times by "Bailey". I'm concerned about nickle. Munnerlyn is still terrific in short area, but useless down the field.

- Marty Hurney doesn't need to be here anymore. JR is gone, the offseason is over. Fire his ass. I'm just tired of looking at him. He's a reminder of a dark, dismal period in my life. Go hire one of 100 people who could do an equal or better job.

- I really love this motherfucking guy:

Ron's college friend, Richard Rodgers, doesn't do shit. He literally just stands there and watches his subordinate coach. It's a ridiculous set up, but all too common in football and life.

- Ian Thomas runs like a train, catches everything, and absorbs contact without hesitation. If he can block, I'll be very excited. I can't believe he caught so few passes at Indiana because he's very natural at it. I guess this is what happens when you play football at a basketball school.

- Cam ran a full field sprint under his own volition. Love that guy. KB is a fatass pussy.

- Big Dick NorvTM orgasmed when one of his screens was perfectly executed. "OH YEAH. OH YEAH. OH YEAH." At 67, Norv is still extraordinarily potent, even without a left or right tackle. Keep your wife locked away if you know what's good for you.

- Defensive scheme looks about the same. I've seen a 3-4 wrinkle here and there, but the coverages are not much different. We still have that signature double A gap look in nickle.

- I haven't seen Tepper at all. I like that. It's not your job to be in the way during practice.

- The Falcons blew a 28-3 lead in the Super Bowl.

bam-bam, Smoke Screen, dig-it and 3 others like this.
  2. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Fucking great post, thanks

3. Bull Moose

Bull Moose Keep Pounding

Seriously, your recaps are superior to anything else available. Actual content, instead of “REALLY LOVE ALEX ARMAH, GREAT SPEED AND NOT AFRAID TO BE PHYSICAL!”

I’m actually leaning new, interesting things from your posts. Fucking start a blog and let’s roll.

Black&Black likes this.
  4. Black&Black

anigif_original-grid-image-3309-1376474569-8.gif

Bull Moose likes this.
  5. Bull Moose

Bull Moose Keep Pounding

[​IMG]

Black&Black likes this.
  6. Black&Black

My secret is that I pay attention. I don't socialize with other journalists under a tent with refreshments. I actually watch the practice and make observations. It's unorthodox, but it seems to work.

Coach Micool and Bull Moose like this.
  7. Bull Moose

Bull Moose Keep Pounding

I like a few of those people, personally. But VERY few of them want to be there, and it shows.

8. Bull Moose

Bull Moose Keep Pounding

Also, almost none of them know what the hell they’re looking at.

Coach Micool likes this.
  9. Coach Micool

Coach Micool Let's Go Brandon!

It takes socializing under a tent for them to figure out what to say and not sound utterly clueless.

10. Bull Moose

Bull Moose Keep Pounding

I need a shower after my last post. Back to football:

Amini is hurt. And I hate that for him on a human level. But he was awful.

B&B: you overly concerned about LG? RT? Of course LT, that’s a given.