1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Anybody Think Notre Dame beats FSU?

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by Shocker, Oct 23, 2002.

1. Shocker

Shocker Guest

Me neither. Might be the first time I pull for FSU... ever.

Anybody got a big upset pick this weekend?
    Here is mine...
    Clemson beats NC State tomorrow night.

2. BearBryant

BearBryant Full Access Member

Is that considered a big upset?

3. Shocker

Shocker Guest

Bear, you're right, to me - not a big upset. Still with State ranked way too high, still would have to consider losing to non-ranked team as an upset.

Only real big upset possiblity would be Kentucky beating GA.

4. kshead

kshead Guest

Hmmm....upset possibilities....

New Mexico (+6) - Don't know how much of an upset this would be really. Utah appears to be tanking it on the road now. I will probably bet this one.

OR... maybe....

Ole Miss (+8.5)- Are all of the Arkansas players smoking pot? OR just the guy they arrested last night with 8 pounds of it?

5. Y2Buddy

Y2Buddy Guest

Absolutely.

I hope it's worse than last Sunday's beating.

ND fan here. Always have been, always will be. Never liked FSU. Never have, never will. It's almost makes me sick to have Weinke on the team it's so bad, but he's a Panther now, and as long as he is, I'm his fan, but it wouldn't hurt my feeling none to see him have success someplace else.

I still go back to the FSU Nation Championship season, the year they lost to ND, got stomped actually. What a shame. ND lost to Boston College on a last second 50some yard FG. Great game, but it really broke ND chance of a Championship. Funny, FSU's loss never had any effect. I haven't put much time in watching college football since. I'll watch this game, and with great hope and anticipation.

There's no reason why ND can't play UM for #1, but we'll see.

6. McFly41

McFly41 Guest

GO IRISH!!!

7. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

fsu lost 31-24 as charlie ward's last-second pass was batted down.

it was a good comeback by unbeaten florida state on the road against a studly team in a history-rich environment.

too bad the irish choked against boston college -- at home -- a week later. by the way, it was a 41-yard field goal (not a 50-yarder).

what was pitiful about that was crybaby lou holtz whining even after the bowls about how his team got robbed. damn, lou, how can you say you got robbed when you went out and lost at home the next week? when you do that, you leave it up to pollsters.

i hope fsu lays the smackdown on the irish on saturday. but to do that, fsu will ahve to play another great game (like they did against miami) and figure out a way to stick the dagger in notre dame in the fourth quarter -- something that this fsu team has failed to do all season.

this notre dame team isn't much to look at on offense, so a matchup against fsu's crappy defense will put the shine back in the golden domers on saturday and their runnign game could control the tempo. the irish defense is very solid and they take advantage of turnovers. chris rix hasn't turned the ball over lately, but he also hasn't been put in a position to win games by himself. if the irish can shut down the fsu running game (which they can), i don't think rix has the stuff to make good decisions more often than not.

it should be a close game, so i can easily see fsu losing.

8. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

yep. it went down just like i thought.

9. Turbo

Turbo Guest

Once the Irish scored the 17 points in the 3rd quarter, it was never close after that. :D

10. WilliamJ

WilliamJ SUPERMOD

The Domer's set the tempo with their first offensive snap. Sorry Larry.