1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Alex Smith

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Majordobie, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Majordobie

Majordobie Full Access Member

...after one half of a season is one of the top contenders for league MVP.

This pains me. I never thought the day would come where B&B would kneel before Red and kiss his ass in humility.

Hopefully, Alex Smith will become Alex Smith in the second part of the season and B&B will be vindicated.

Big Red likes this.
  2. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

Could you imagine a team with Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, or Drew Brees calling a screen pass on 3rd and 10 in a 7 point game? I couldn't, but that's exactly what the Chiefs did tonight. That's because Andy Reid fully understands the limitations of his quarterback. Alex Smith is a solid game manager with excellent scrambling capability, but he's not even one of the top 10 most valuable people on his own team.

Collin likes this.
  3. Big Red

Big Red Alpha, Thing, It

Nothing wrong with pointing out that he has blossomed into a very good QB. All else is just stupid message board BS.

4. Coach Micool

Coach Micool Let's Go Brandon!

I imagine there are plenty of NFL teams who'd love to have A Smith as their starter.

Prolly one of the tops would be the 49ers.

Harbaugh sure left his mark on that franchise, and it was not a great one.

5. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

I agree. A team like Miami would benefit from having an Alex Smith type, but he's still Alex Smith - an ancillary, game manager, not a franchise cornerstone.

6. Coach Micool

There's very few franchise cornerstone qbs in the league.

7. Big Red

Big Red Alpha, Thing, It

Might be the stupidest thing you've posted here. Harbaugh single handedly turned that franchise around. Stick to shit you know like never winning SB's.

8. Coach Micool

He did turn it around for a while. Then he ran before his house of cards fell. It's all been downhill after that. Didn't he let a smith walk and put in CK when he was concussed? I'd say that was a bad mark in itself.

I'm surprised you seem to have forgiven him for that.

9. Collin

Collin soap and water

[​IMG]

Jim Harbaugh put up the fifth best winning percentage of any coach in the history of the NFL before being driven out of town by the team's general manager, who was jealous of all the credit Harbaugh was receiving. Running off Harbaugh so upset players on the roster that several retired or forced trades, ultimately resulting in Baalke's much deserved firing. It would have taken thirty seconds to look up Harbaugh's record before bashing him publicly. As for Alex Smith, B&B is absolutely correct that Smith is a great fit for the offense that Andy Reid has created in Kansas City, but he would look terrible with most of the other teams in the NFL.

10. Coach Micool

I was really bashing him over the a. smith/CK move and thereby razzing red, considering the thread's subject matter.

There's no denying he did a good job turning around the 49ers the very first year, solid for a coupla years thereafter, but was going downhill his last year there and it's been awful since. You can blame whomever you want, and rightly so.

I would, however, trade rivera for him in a heartbeat.

I really liked his pressers.