1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

accepting Jesus Christ

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality Forum' started by jbghostrat, Sep 8, 2010.

1. jbghostrat

jbghostrat Full Access Member

into your heart at age 5! What are your thoughts?

2. spud

spud Full Access Member

The sooner the better.

3. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

Regardless of age, it's about having a relationship with God. A 5-year-old doesn't understand what being a living sacrifice is, or discipleship, or the benefits of fasting and meditation. But a 5-year-old does understand what love is, and can choose to love someone.

Like all relationships, it's not a one-time choice that makes it thrive. The choice has to be made every day -- to keep the relationship, and to grow and mature it. If someone starts making that choice at 5, great. But what matters isn't the first time -- what matters is the last time that choice was made.

4. jbghostrat

ok, true..a 5 year old can know what love it. I guess i should've said, "ask for Salvation from God, so that he can go to "heaven".

So this mother is braggin about how her "circle is complete". How everyone in the family is saved now that the 5yr. old has accepted Jesus in his heart so he can go to heaven. Like any other 5 yr. old will be going to hell? :sarcas~1:

5. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

Matthew 7 1Judge not, that ye be not judged.

First of all. If the kid hasn't reached the age of atonement he'll be going to heaven anyways. When someone isn't able to understand or has simply yet to understand the idea of God, he/she isn't judged on his or her ignorance.

BUT there is the chance this kid has a greater understanding of his religious world than you did at that age, so you can't truly say he's wrong. Its not really your right to say. Not fussing at you over this, because I also question this when I hear similar things done. Its easy to do, but all you can do that if this isn't his true salvation, its some of the first steps in leading to his true salvation later in the future. So congratulate the young man for that.

6. jbghostrat

it's this family. his mom wants to posture in front of the other church ladies. well, maybe this will soften him up some...i've never seen such an angry 5 year old.
    I've just always heard that there is an age of reason, like around age 12. Which i still don't think they get the true meaning of salvation then either.

7. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I don't think there's a "better" salvation, if you're comparing to your own. It sounds like you have problems with the mom and that's all this really is.

8. spud

spud Full Access Member

Salvation isn't something WE do, but something GOD does. A child doesn't need to understand it all. It's a gift from God, He'll do the work.

9. hasbeen99

Hard to imagine, yes, but I can't say with absolute certainty that it's impossible. Only God knows the hearts and minds of people -- even little children. And Romans 2 says that for those outside of the safety of saving grace, eached are judged based on what they know, how they act, and what they think.

10. hasbeen99