1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

A Haunting in Connecticut

Discussion in 'TV & Movie Discussion' started by Tiorted Snoil, Oct 28, 2002.

1. Damn Discovery Channel.

They had this indepth story/dramatization of an actual haunting in CT...they had interviews with the family. They moved into an old house that was actually a converted funeral home. Their oldest son had cancer and they moved there so they could be closer to the hospital. Yep, it was haunted by several spirits and a demon...who was described as a man in a black suit but he had a demon face. It's probably on again this week, so I won't spoil it for anyone. It is probably the best documentary about a haunting/ghosts that I've ever seen.

Kept me up last night though.

2. hasbeens99

hasbeens99 Guest

According to the Discovery channel, it's not on again through Halloween. You're probably safe to tell us all about it.

3. Obewon

Obewon Guest

I saw that shit man! Shit had me paraniod!!! :chucks: I closed my closet doors and the fucin' bathroom door......That freakin' demon guy gave me the chills:firedevil:......Can you imagine going through something like that! I'd be nuts!

4. I can't beleive it is not on again through Halloween. I don't know where to start telling the story.

I've been not getting up at night too, every now and then I look around to see if a man in a black suit is in my room...that show made me feel like a little kid scared of the boogeyman again.

5. hasbeens99

hasbeens99 Guest

I think the truly scary part is that demons are real. We all are afraid of 'monsters' when we're kids, whether we see them in movies, read about them in books, or just make them up in our own minds. All of us have had sleepless nights with the blankets pulled up tight staring at the closet door, afraid to look under the bed.

But as an adult, I've watched movies like "The Exorcist" and "The Devil's Advocate", and when people I trust start telling me they've actually seen things like that happen, it's a different story. When we're kids, Mom or Dad come in and tell us it was all a bad dream. They make us feel better, and leave the light on when they leave. But that doesn't wash anymore. There is some very evil stuff out there that we don't understand. And yeah, it scares me too.

6. I found a story of one of the investigators that went into the home. This is almost the exact words that the show used. It doesn't go into much detail of all of the little encounters like was included in the tv show. This is just his peice of the story.

http://www.prsne.com/funeral-home.htm

7. hasbeens99

hasbeens99 Guest

Interesting, isn't it? That had to be a blow to the hopes of the homeowners when the investigator got so scared he left! I'd be interested to know what the 'ritual of exorcism' was, and what kind of clergy performed it.

8. Obewon

Obewon Guest

Why they wouldn't they air that agian for Holloween, I don't know. But it was a hel'va documentry.

hasbeen...I agree with you man. My mom use to tell me the same when I was scared....Now that I'm grown I know that there is evil out there.

Hell, I'm starting to get periniod in my own house. Of course I don't let my wife and kids know that. Like tonight before I came to work, I'm watching the basketball game, and decide to turn the TV off in the living room, and go in the bedroom to watch it. I hit the power button on the my Receiver, and I kid you not the MF'er pop back on...at first I'm like What the??? Then I go back to turn it off agian, and It popped back on agian for a total of three times. Me and my wife are looking at each other like WTF!! This a fairly new Yamaha Home Theater system. Bugged me out!

In our Master Bedroom Bathroom, the freakin' Shower door will just swing the fuc open, like somebody is getting out of the shower. At first I'm thinking that me or my wife wasn't closing it all the way, and it was swinging open....then when it happen after me or her hadn't been in it since that morning, I got parionod. Now I just close the bathroom door.

Maybe it's just me, or the season I don't know!

9. It was performed by the Catholic Church, and it was a "house exorcism" like was performed in the Amitteyville case. Before the the Church will do an exorcism, they have to do an investigation...all that was in the documentary.

A creepy scene was when the preist went into the old embalming room in the basement while he was "cleansing" the house using holy water....something grabbed the back of his shirt and was pulling on it, you could see the shirt being pulled which was creepy. They kept saying that to acknowledge the entity gives it strength so it is best to ignore it, that's what the preist did. In my case, I would have been soiling myself all the way outside on a full sprint.