1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

7 acc teams in bowls

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by LarryD, Dec 8, 2002.

1. BearBryant

BearBryant Full Access Member

I read Georgia is buying up most of FSU's allotment also.

2. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

That's funny. Even FSU isn't immune from fair-weatherness.

3. BearBryant

BearBryant Full Access Member

I always thought FSU traveled well. According to some FSU fans, they don't travel very well.

4. Maximus

Maximus Guest

Over 50,000 seats have already been sold for The Continental Tire Bowl here in Charlotte. Most of them are West Virginia fans, but UVA has also exceeded their 12,500 allotment.

5. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

The Gator Bowl announced today that it has sold all of the tickets for the January 1st matchup between 9th ranked Notre Dame and 17th ranked NC State. NC State has single-handedly sold 26,500 tickets through our athletic ticket office. And thousands more Wolfpackers purchased tickets through ticketmaster or through the Gator Bowl itself. The unwavering support from NC State fans nationwide has guaranteed that the Pack will have more than 30,000 fans in the stands at Alltel Stadium.

6. sds70

sds70 'King Kong Ain't Got **** On Me!!!!!'

Scary to think about it, but this Continental Tire Bowl may sell out :jawomg: !!!!!! they are up to 62,000 tixs sold right now; Im sure UVA & WVU will buy a few more tixs. Add that to a decent walk up crowd for the game (you & I know some folks locally will come out to the game with the Panthers season being over with) and it looks they will have a full house at Ericcsion for the game. Perhaps we have stumbled upon one of the few bowl games outside of the majors that may actually work; CLT is within decent driving distance from both Big East & ACC markets. Now hopefully everybody won't get bored down here :( . . . Perhaps the the folks who run the CHARLOTTE TROLLEY thru Southend is going to have to rent some more cars for game weekend :) !! I'll bet you the folks who are going to run that new WESTIN HOTEL next to the Convention Center are kicking themselves in the ass for not getting that hotel done in time !!!!!!!

7. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

I read that this morning, sds. That's great.

8. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

sds70, that's great to think that 2 schools from outside of NC (and I suppose I'd better include Clemson too) could bring that to Ericsson. WVU has a history of traveling well, I don't know that Virginia has but the opposition could have a lot to do with it. The game date is perfect (hope the weather is too), people can leave on a Friday afternoon for a "short drive," spend the night, attend an 11:00 game and still get back home at a reasonable time Saturday night or hopefully, spend some more $$$ afterwards in the Queen City.

Question for the future... will they be able to get those kind of attendance numbers in future years?